Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am not a Sheep, I'm a Monkey

So I thought that I could have gone the rest of my life without letting everyone know that my zodiac sign is a Sheep. If you know me well you will know that this is something that I am not too happy about.
I've always been a Monkey. I've identify more with being a Monkey. I AM A MONKEY. My Grandma is also a Monkey and that is what we have in common. My best friends are Monkeys so I have to be one too.
Finding out for the first time I was not a Monkey left me with a lot of emotions. The first few moments I was in denial, then shocked, then sad, then fucking PISSED, then in denial again. I called my mom after I had put in my birthdate on horoscope.com and found out that I was a Sheep and not a Monkey. The Chinese New Year starts in February and my birthday is in January, therefore not EVERYONE born in 1980 is a Monkey. Do you know how horrible it feels to not be able to be what you have always identified with? It's traumatizing. I've collected everything that had to do with Monkeys since I was little. I've even been told I look like a Monkey. There are nicknames; Monkey Face, Curious George, just plain MONKEY.
You are now starting to think I'm a crazy person. Or you are thinking "Who the fuck cares?". Or you probably just don't give two shits about this blog, but it's starting to make me angry.
Since I've started this blog, I have now been outed. It says in black bold letters across the top of my blog "Zodiac: Sheep".
I'm not going to make this upset me even more. I think I should pretend this never happened. Then again it's too late huh? I'm already blogging about it.
I don't know if I like this blogging thing. I'll take it for a spin. And I'm not a Sheep.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I feel like I just found out your not really my sister after 30 years. I completely sympathize with you, but at the same time I'm relieved that I made the cut-off! I'm linking to your blog but I'm going to call it "Jordan Stories", apropriately named after reading musaq whore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think getting pissed about the shit you're passionate about is a trait of a monkey. You are a beautiful monkey. And I love the usage of profanity to get your point across. It is liberating -- F*&% those sheep!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete